Assistant Superintendent, Educational Services
The Assistant Superintendent works closely with the Superintendent’s Office to ensure that the daily operations of the Vacaville Unified School District remain aligned with our district’s Mission Statement and Strategic Plan. We strive to be a resource for support and information to the students, staff and parents of the Vacaville Unified School District, along with the Vacaville community as a whole.
The Assistant Superintendent oversees the daily operations of all departments which together comprise Educational Services, including Student Services, Academic Advancement, Curriculum & Instruction, Learning Support & Alternative Programs, Nurse & Health Services and Wellness.
Student Services - see more
Student Services works with the Assistant Superintendent to assist our district employees and families with the following services:
- Student Records / Student and Records Subpoenas
- Public Document Requests
- Open Enrollment / Interdistrict Transfers / Intradistrict Transfer Appeals
- Foster Youth Liaison / Students without Permanent Housing Liaison
- Military Dependent Liaison
- Foreign Exchange Students
- Coordination of GOTCHA Program
Academic Advancement - see more
Educational Services oversees the Academic Advancement department. They manage a large variety of programs in the district, all having to do with teaching and assessing students, GATE (Gifted and Talented Education), bilingual programs, library services, Program Improvement, and many others.
Curriculum and Instruction- see more
- Curriculum topics relating to the organization, materials, and resources of each content area and the implications for using them.
- Instruction topics relating to content-specific and learning principles and their application for appropriate and effective instruction.
- Assessment related to content-specific and general assessment and evaluation procedures and the implications for using these procedures appropriately and effectively.
Learning Support and Alternative Programs - see more
Learning Support and Alternative Programs can assist families with the following services and programs:
- After School Education and Safety Grant
- Complaints Regarding Student Discipline
- Dropout Recovery
- Expulsion, Readmit and Admit Hearings
- Extended School Year
- Gang Task Force
- Home Hospital
- Independent Study / Independent Study PE Program
- Mental Health Grant
- Multi-Disciplinary Task Force
- SARB/Truancy Court/Elementary SART
- Suspension Appeals and Reviews
- District 504 Coordinator
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs (ATOD)
Nursing and Health Services - see more
Our Nursing and Health Services Department oversees our district Nursing staff, and also assists students and families in the areas of immunizations and health-related requirements, health education, and available community services.
Social Emotional Learning - link coming
- Bullying Prevention and Education
- California Healthy Kids Survey
- Kaiser Grant Administration
- Character Education
- Community Partnerships
- Community Service
- Early Childhood Education
- Mental Health
- Parent Involvement
- School Climate